Eye health is one of the prime important things that we should never ignore. Eyes are very sensitive part of our body, and we should take proper care of our eyes. There are several natural herbs that God has gifted us to maintain our eye health.
Natural care of the eyes is the best thing that you can do to your vision. There are several herbs that are known to have vision improving abilities. By using the proper herbs, you can improve your vision and can greatly boost the eye health. If you regularly take care of your eye with these natural herbs, then you do not have to worry about the vision problems, glasses and surgeries.
Here is a list of all the important herbs that can do several benefits to your eyes:
- Eyebright: the scientific name of this herb is Euphrasia Officinalis and has been used for centuries to treat eye inflammations. The flower of eyebright resembles an eye. The natural tinctures and homeopathic eyedrops are made from this herb. This herb is known to reduce the redness and discharge caused by conjunctivitis successfully.
- Ginkgo: it is Ginkgo biloba, a herb that is used since very long time for the treatment of eye and CNS problems. This herb is known to improve the blood flow to the retina and help the vision improvement in the people suffering from glaucoma.The extract of the herb is a great antioxidant also.
- Cannabis: it is officially named as Cannabis sativa in the scientific field. It is a very powerful herb known to reduce pressure in the eyes caused due to glaucoma. Cannabis is a good source of cannabinoids that is good for the people who are suffering from eye problems such as glaucoma. Cannabis is however not legally sold in many countries due to the undesirable addictively dangerous side effects.
- Green tea: it is Camellia Sinensis, a herb known to remove the free radicals from the body. It is the herb that reduces the effect of glaucoma and macular degeneration. It is also proven through many research studies that the polyphenols present in the green tea is good to protect our eyes from Ultra violet rays.
- Coleus: it is scientifically named Coleus forskohlii that contains forskolin that is good for reducing the pressure due to macular degeneration. The eye drop manufactured using this herb is good for the treatment of glaucoma.
- Bilberry: it is not a herb; it’s a shrub berry that belongs to Eurasian species. It is different from blueberries but is closely related to them. This berry is high in bioflavonoid and hence it is good for speeding up of the regeneration of rhodopsin or a purple pigment necessary for the rod cells of our eyes. This berry is known to be useful for improving the eyesight, especially during the night. A person who is suffering from difficulties of seeing at night or in the dark should use this herb extracts.
- 7. Saffron: it is a spice, commonly known as saffron, but its scientific name is Saffron crocus. It is a good kitchen spice that is useful for the eyes also. According to a study persons who took saffron had shown proven results of improvement of their vision and elderly people are also benefitted by this aromatic herb in delaying their vision degradation.
These herbs are all good for eye health. When it comes to your eyes, you should take extra care for the maintenance and improvement of eye health. Several eye problems can be solved with these herbs. However in every case, you must only use the herb extracts after consulting your doctor. Along with these herbs, a few other things such as a good diet and lifestyle habits can also play a very important role in maintaining the good eyesight for a long time.