The eyes have been considered as the most important facet of physical beauty. Dark, thick, and long eyelashes are a symbol of beauty whereas having not enough eyelashes means loss of attractiveness and psychosocial distress. Some individuals experience loss of eyelashes due to various health conditions such an endocrine disease, radiation, leprosy, etc. If the hair follicles remain the same, the normal eyelash growth can be resumed after the underlying cause of the problem is treated. These patients may benefit from treatments that are specifically found to improve the appearance of the eyelashes.
Careprost comprises of the active component called Bimatoprost, is a synthetic prostamide. It is approved by the FDA to reduce the intraocular pressure in patients with ocular hypertension and open-eye glaucoma. The safety and efficacy of the drug have been established in the clinical trials. It works by stimulating the prostamide receptor. These receptors are found to be involved in the development and regrowth of the hair follicle.
To achieve the desired results, please be consistent with your Careprost treatment, apply every night.
- Keep your face clean before applying the ophthalmic solution. Make sure that your makeup and contact lenses are removed.
- Put one drop to the applicator provided and applied to the upper eyelid at the base of the eyelashes. The upper eyelid in the area of lash growth should feel lightly moist without the runoff. Blot any excess solution runoff outside the upper eyelid using a tissue or a soft cotton cloth. It should be applied to the lower lid.
- Wash your applicator with clean water, to use on the other eyelid. Avoid contamination of your applicator.
- Careprost is an ophthalmic product. If it comes into contact with your eye, it is not expected to cause harm. The eye should not be rinsed.
- The product is meant to use on your upper lashes only. Please, don’t intentionally apply in your eye or to the lower lashes. There is the potential for hair growth to happen in areas where the solution comes in repeated contact with the skin surface.
- The contact lenses may be reinserted 30 minutes following its administration.
You may see effective changes within six weeks of the treatment, and the full results can be attained within twelve to sixteen weeks. The growth of eyelashes is gradual and over time. If you discontinue it, your eyelashes are expected to return to their previous appearance over several weeks to months.
While using the careprost eyelashes drop your lashes will continue to grow without shedding, without any interruption as they normally would. Everybody is different, but most people attain maximum results in around 12-14 weeks., Many people stop using it After the desired results are achieved which cause your eyelashes to return to their normal state. It is important to follow a maintenance treatment for the continuous growth of lashes. Maintenance treatments of 3 to 4 times per week can be started at any time after the complete results are achieved. To continue to receive the maximum benefits of the eye drop, daily application is required.