Careprost is a highly effective medication that stimulates the growth of eyelashes, making them thicker and darker. The results of the use of Careprost directly depend on how religiously you follow the instructions provided by the physician. The active ingredient of the eye drop Careprost is the physiologically active substance bimatoprost. The composition of a sterile ophthalmic solution includes inactive ingredients – distilled water, antiseptic and preservative additives.
How to use Careprost?
Careprost is recommended to apply at night. It is necessary to carefully remove the makeup and wait until the used cosmetics are absorbed, and the skin dries. If you wear contact lenses, be sure to remove them. It is only allowed to put lenses back (if needed) 15 minutes after you apply the Careprost solution.
- For applying Careprost, a special applicator/brush is used, which comes with the product. While holding the applicator horizontally, place one drop of the drug close to the tip of the brush and use it immediately.
- Careprost is allowed to be used only on the eyelashes of the upper eyelid. It must be applied strictly along the line of eyelash growth, from the inner corner of the eye to the outer. This should be done very carefully, in one smooth stroke.
- Always keep the applicator and the bottle cover clean, so you cannot touch them with your fingers or allow contact with other surfaces.
- Excess amounts of eye drop fluid trapped in the eyelid must be removed with a dry cotton pad. Excess drug outside the eyelash growth line can lead to unwanted hair.
- Careprost cannot be used for eyelashes growing on the lower eyelid, because intensely growing hair in this area will look ugly.
- In case of accidental contact with the skin of the face, the product should simply be wiped off with any moisture-absorbing material. If a certain amount of the eye drop gets into the eye, generally does not cause any harm; there is no need to rinse the eyes with water but if you feel severe itchiness or irritation you can wash your eyes.
- Apply the careprost eyelash serum only once a day, preferably before going to bed.
Combination with other cosmetics
Using Careprost eyelash serum does not limit you to the use of other cosmetic product. If you wish, you can use mascara once the serum gets dry.
Course Duration of Careprost
Visible results of using Careprost appear after 4-6 weeks of regular use, the desired result can be achieved in 12 to 16 weeks. One 3 ml bottle is enough for 8-12 weeks of nightly use.
Once your eyelashes have reached the desired length, the need for daily use of the Careprost is not required. You can use Careprost on alternate days to maintain the result. One bottle in this mode is enough for 4-6 months.
The reverse effect of Careprost
After you stop using Careprost, the stimulating effect will stop. Within 2-3 months, your eyelashes will return to their original state. It is better to stop using the drug gradually, moving from daily application to twice a week will help you sustain the achieved length of your eyelashes.
The use of Careprost eyelash serum can cause increased pigmentation of the skin. This means that in those places where the product applies, the skin becomes darker. This effect is reversible when you stop using the drug; the darkening will disappear after a few weeks.
Side Effects of Careprost Use
Usually, Careprost is well-tolerated medicine, but allergic reactions of the drug are sometimes reported. If after application of Careprost, you are experiencing itchiness or redness in the eyes, this may indicate an individual allergic to its ingredients. If the eye drop or applicator is contaminated, there is a risk of a bacterial infection.