One of the scariest eye issues that can happen to anyone, from infant to adult is glaucoma. This is a common eye condition that is caused due to the imbalance between the production and outflow of fluid in the eye. If left untreated, it can ultimately lead to losing peripheral eyesight which can make your daily life difficult.
The only way to cure glaucoma is to decrease intraocular pressure (IOP inside the eye) which can also be achieved through the use of natural remedies. However, there are prescription eye drops available which help to treat glaucoma; you can prefer using them after consulting an ophthalmologist along with natural resources. You do have another option that may more sound like lifestyle changes that help to manage hypertension also works to lower eye pressure. Here, are some natural ways that can safely help you to prevent and treat glaucoma without causing any adverse effects.
- Ginko Biloba- It is useful in improving microcirculation in the brain and positively affect the ocular blood flow. It is recommended as an alternative natural treatment, especially in cases of normal and high tension glaucoma. The natural supplement is helpful in improving the visual field of some normal tension glaucoma patients. It increases the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the eye as well as clear toxins.
- Vitamin C- High doses of vitamin C are considered to reverse glaucoma. The type of vitamin has the potential to lower intraocular pressure. Vitamin C supplementation is safer and more effective than medical treatment for glaucoma. One can also find vitamin C through different types of citrus fruits such as oranges, lemon, and pineapple.
- Turmeric- The natural spice of India has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, neuroprotective properties. It is popular for improving blood circulation. Regular intake of turmeric can also lower pressure in the eye.
- Use fennel- Fennel is a plant that is used to make salads is a very good herb for improving vision issues. One can eat raw or made as a tea to get rid of glaucoma.
- Eat Spinach- Spinach contains carotenoids that are necessary for retina and eye tissues. They are useful for reversing many eye conditions.
- Jaborandi- It is an herb that grows in the rainforest. It contains pilocarpine, which has been a natural remedy for patients with glaucoma for 120 years.
- Eat berries- Blueberries and cranberries contain bioflavonoids which strengthen the capillaries that carry nutrients to eye muscles and nerves. However dark colored berries have natural sugar that must be eaten in moderation and avoid disturbing your insulin levels.
Following these healthy lifestyle tips will go a long way to protect your eyesight, whether you have been diagnosed with glaucoma or not. Along with improving general health, these natural remedies can help improve fluid circulation in the eye, reduce oxidative stress, and provide antioxidant protection to maintain ocular health. However, these natural ways do not reverse damage or restore the lost field of vision if already occurred. you can treat glaucoma with careprost bimatoprost ophthalmic solution