Labelled uses of Bimatoprost:
Bimatoprost is a prostaglandin analogue that was first marketed under the different trade names for the treatment of glaucoma patients to reduce the intraocular pressure or ocular hypertension.
Later, some researchers found that the solution that was used for the treatment of glaucoma was showing an unusual side effect of stimulating the growth of eyelashes as well as promoting the darkening of eyelashes.
U.S. FDA approved bimatoprost for the cosmetic purpose of enhancing the eyelashes growth, thickening of eyelashes as well as darkening them. Dec. 2008 was the year when FDA approved bimatoprost ophthalmic solution (0.03%), for the treatment of Hypotrichosis i.e. Sparse/inadequate eyelashes.
Other off-label uses of Bimatoprost:
- Many research works are being carried out to see the potential of Bimatoprost in enhancing the growth of eyebrows and make them more fuller.
- Bimatoprost is also being tested to find out if the product could be used to stimulate the growth of scalp hair. The efficacy of bimatoprost to treat alopecia is being tested in both males and females.
Mode of Action of Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution:
Bimatoprost, a prostaglandin is a compound derived from fatty acids. There are various prostaglandin receptors present in the hair follicles. The drug bimatoprost is designed to bind to the receptors.
Read More : TIPS TO OVERCOME ANNOYING EYELINER PROBLEM
They are known to increase the length of the anagen phase of the hair growth cycle and increase the percentage of hair that enters the anagen phase. Bimatoprost is also known to increase the size of dermal papilla or hair bulb. All these activities of Bimatoprost are known to promote the growth of the hair and make them thicker and longer. Bimatoprost is available online, and you can Buy Bimatoprost 0.03% Online in the USA from various trusted sites and get them delivered to your doorstep.
Some precautions to be taken to get the best results with Bimatoprost Ophthalmic:
Here are the precautions:
- .The Bimatoprost solution should never be applied to the lower eyelid. It is intended to use on the upper eyelid only. The lower eyelids eyelashes receive the product when you blink by normal transferring
- .Avoid the excessive spillage of the product as the areas that come into the contact of bimatoprost may also show an enhanced growth of the hairs. So, if you accidently spill bimatoprost on your skin or if the product drips down the eyelids, blot the excess of the product using a blotting paper.
- .Always use a new applicator for the other eye. One should dispose of the brush after a single use.
- .Have some patience while using the product as in most of the patients the drug starts showing it effects only after two months of continuous use.
- .Do not discontinue to use the product when you achieve your desired eyelashes, as they tend to get back to their normal state once you stop using the product.
- .Remove any contact lenses that you use before applying the bimatoprost ophthalmic solution as it contains benzalkonium chloride that is easily absorbed by the contact lenses.
- .Bimatoprost should only be used under medical supervision because it may exacerbate the inflammation if the patient is suffering from Abnormal intraocular pressure.
- .Care must be taken if the lactating mother is using bimatoprost as there are no known safety facts associated with bimatoprost being absorbed by the body.
- .Pregnant ladies should use bimatoprost only if their doctors pass the product as safe for the child and the pregnant mother.
- .Its safety and efficacy in children is not yet established.