Fruits and vegetables are both very well known to have good nutritional value. Having enough amount of fruits and veggies into your daily diet is good for your eye health.
The eyes are one of the prominent organs of the body, as these allow us to admire nature’s beauty and appreciate the faces of our loved ones. But, wait for a moment and think about the time we spend in taking care of our eyes. Here are some good foods for eyes that may help in improving vision and the overall health also:
- Carrots- These orange colored veggies are loaded with beta-carotene, an antioxidant that helps in reducing the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts. Carrots promote eye health and protect vision. You can have carrots as a side veggie with lunch or dinner. To enhance the taste, you can have carrot juice, mixed with Beetroots.
- Sweet potatoes- Sweet potatoes are also rich in beta-carotene, a precursor of vitamin A that helps in promoting healthy vision. These bright-orange foods are a super side starch if baked with small amounts of oil, makes scrumptious homemade fries.
Read also: INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT YOUR EYE COLOR
- Berries and bell peppers- They both are rich in vitamin C, an essential antioxidant for maintaining good eye health. If combined with other antioxidants, vitamin C helps to protect eyes from macular degeneration. It is essential that you must provide your body with this vitamin daily, as the body cannot make or store vitamin C. Apart from these foods for eyes you can also include other vitamin C-rich fruits and vegetables like cranberries, watermelon, blueberries and tomatoes in your meal.
- Get hands on soybeans- Reports have suggested some cases of night blindness in people with zinc deficiency. To cope up the requirements of zinc, doctors recommend soybeans. These are essential minerals found in every cell of the body. Zinc not only plays a paramount role in healing wounds and proper immune system functions, but is also critical for perfect vision. So, try to add soybeans to your diet and have good vision.
- Leafy Greens- Spinach, kale and collard greens are healthy vegetables for eye vision. These green leafy veggies are packed with essential plant pigments like lutein and zeaxanthin that can help alleviate the development of macular degeneration and cataracts. Moreover, you can have broccoli and green peas in your plates to get the utmost benefits of potent antioxidants.
- Avocados- Avocados are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin. These are carotenoids that filter harmful high-energy blue wavelengths of light and act as antioxidants in the eye, help protect and maintain healthy cells. Unfortunately, the human body does not synthesize the lutein and zeaxanthin it needs that is why the daily intake of these in the diet is essential for maintaining perfect eye health.
- Jack fruit for perfect eyes- Jackfruit is one of those fruits that are good for eyes. These are covered with a thorny skin. Jack fruit is rich in vitamin C and studies have suggested that a diet rich in vitamin C reduces the risk of cataracts and vision loss from macular degeneration.
- Custard apple- This vitamin C and B rich fruit is often confused with an artichoke due to its bumpy and green skin. Custard apple is a fruit good for eyes have a sweet and custard-like center. It is also rich in potassium that helps reduce excess fluid under the skin that causes puffy eyes.
- Grapes– You can improve your vision by having grapes because the antioxidants in grapes help in reducing the diseases like macular degeneration. The antioxidants in grapes also prevent the process of oxidation, vision loss, and cataracts. Numerous studies have shown flavonol compounds in grape seeds are useful for treating retinal disorders, night blindness, and vision improvement.
- Peach- The carotenoids present in peach help protect the eyes from harmful sunlight and also slow the progression of eye diseases like cataracts and night blindness. Moreover, Peaches are a rich source of beta carotene that handles overall eye health. The beta-carotene in peaches improves vision health by increasing blood circulation in all body parts.
- Eggs– Eggs are one of the best foods for eyes, as these are optimal sources of vitamins and nutrients like lutein and vitamin A. The presence of vitamin A in eggs protects our eyes against night blindness and dry eyes resulting in promoting eye health and function.